Saturday, March 14, 2009

I've started working on the rest of the bike as my dad was bored and he has started on the engine. Most of the bikes I've owned or worked on before have been TZ Yamahas and as they are pure racing bikes there isn't a lot of extraneous bits and pieces. I am a little taken aback by the amount of bits and pieces that have to have work done that you just don't get on a racing bike. I guess I should have expected this bit I just didn't realise how much work there would be in all the little bits. For example in the headlight there seems to be an annular gap between the actual headlight and the nacelle, this gap will let in the elements and as all the wiring connectors are in the headlight body they will get wet. I am sure it shouldn't be like this but it appears to be the way it was built, guess I will just have to find out what it should be like. Anyway it's all good fun.


No comments: