Sunday, June 20, 2004

More Snow in Melbourne?

I did a quick trip up to Falls Creek last Wednesday and came back Thursday morning, I stayed down in Mt Beauty that night,it started to rain sometime during the night and stopped about 7 in the morning. About 8.30 I got out of bed and went to put some things in the car, and when I opened the front door - it was beautiful, it must have been snowing since the rain stopped. It only snows in the valleys rarely and this was the best cover I had seen. Everything was blanketed in white except for the roads, I delayed leaving for an hour to have a look around and take some photos, around 9.30 I headed off and decided to go over the Tawonga Gap. I have seen light snow there before but this was stunning there must have been 4 to 6 inches at the top, apparently the road was closed however I had taken a back way to the main road and was unaware of the closure, still it turned out ok and was well worth the extra time it took to get back to Melbourne.

I know I don't have to live in snow and have the luxury of leaving it behind, however sometimes I wish it was just a little colder in Melbourne enough to get snow for a week or two a year.

No comments: